CASTOR OIL PACKS
Use a thick hand towel, cotton pillowcase or a piece of flannel, large enough to cover your entire abdomen.
2. Lie on your back with a pillow under your knees and a pillow supporting your
back and head.
* I typically lie in bed supported by all my pillows.
* I put down an old sheet or beach towel on the bed – The oil can STAIN.
* Castor Oil packs can make you feel relaxed and sleepy. I like to do them before
3. Lightly apply oil to one side of the towel. Set aside.
4. Apply generous amount of Castor Oil to your entire abdomen using the
clockwise “Sun-Moon” stroke.
5. Now apply your towel with the oiled side on your abdomen.
6. Take an old pillowcase or large piece of flannel and place over your entire
abdomen, securing you oiled towel.
7. Place the heat pack on top of pillowcase
* An electric heating pad, hot water bottle, or ck can be used, but hot water
bottles and rice packs will need to be reheated several times. – I prefer electric
8. Rest for 30-60mi
Use this time to practice deep breathing, read a book, meditate, or listen to music (or whatever you find relaxing).
After the desired time, remove the pack and return the flannel to the glass container or plastic bag. Massage any excess oil into skin using the clockwise “Sun-Moon” stroke.
Store Oiled towel in the fridge, to be used again.
Important! Make sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated after doing this to support detox and to assist breaking down any adhesions.
Precautions: Castor oil should not be taken internally. It should not be applied to broken skin. It should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or during menstruation. If you are actively trying to conceive, discontinue use after ovulation has occurred.